Leadership of the Czech Statistical Office
Iva Ritschelová was appointed as President of the Czech Statistical Office on 27 July 2010 with effect from 1 September 2010.
CV of Iva Ritschelová
Mr Stanislav Drápal is the Vice-president of the Czech Statistical Office since October 2002.
He graduated in Economics from the University of Prague in 1976 and completed his postgraduate studies in statistics in 1981. After working as economist at a construction company, Mr . Drápal joined the Czech Statistical Office in 1978. In 1987 he was promoted to Director of the CZSO Regional Office, and since 1994 he has worked in CZSO headquarters in Prague.
Mr Drápal’s contributions appear in the journal Statistika and in other professional periodicals. Among his activities, he cooperates with the Department of Probability Calculus and Statistics of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University.
CV of Stanislav Drápal
Mission, Vision, Strategic Goals and Sub-goals
Based on acquired data, CZSO yields a reliable and consistent image about the state of the arts and development of the society according to developing needs of users of statistical service in conditions of changing environment. CZSO co-ordinates state statistical service in the Czech Republic.
The CZSO is a modern user-oriented institution, which:
- respects fundamental values such as professionalism, independence, impartiality and openness;
- accomplishes high quality level of services provided to a wide range of users of state statistics, recognises the principle of equal access of all users to information;
- statistics produced are available to all users;
- is a respected partner in the field of international cooperation fully integrated in international structures, actively contributes to the development of state statistics and to their harmonisation at international level;
- enjoys confidence and general recognition of the domestic and international public;
- applies rational division of labour among all cooperating institutions in the coordination of the state statistical service;
- puts emphasis on efficiency and innovations of internal processes;
- reaches high effectiveness of using all available resources, reduces burden on respondents;
- works with highly motivated professionals and creates corresponding working conditions for them;
- uses modern (advanced) ICT;
- is an integral part of the information system of public administration and is actively involved in its creation;
- participates in the development of statistics as a science.
Organisation structure of the Czech Statistical Office (updated 2 January 2012)
To contact staff in the Czech Statistical Office, you may click on our telephone directory