Quality framework of public statistics
The notion of quality
In public statistics the definition of statistics quality corresponds to the definition adopted in the European Statistical System and comprises the following components:
- timeliness and punctuality,
- accessibility and clarity,
The criteria of statistics quality assessment also include the cost of statistics and respondent burden.
Public statistics uses quality standards that are specified in:
the Declaration of Professional Ethics for Statisticians issued by the International Statistical Institute
- the Basic Principles of Official Statistics issued by the United Nations
- the Quality Declaration of the European Statistical System
- the Recommendations of the Leadership Experts Group on Quality
- the European Code of Statistical Practices.
Principles of quality
- Achievement, improvement and maintenance of high quality statistical processes and products are a joint objective, line of action and commitment of all statistical staff.
- Setting objectives in the field of statistics quality is done in several stages, from the most general and long-term objectives to be achieved within a timeframe of 5 and more years - through to operational objectives and tasks in annual work programmes. Objectives defined in programme documents specify the line of action for units of public statistics services.
- The objective of quality policy is to ensure high quality of statistics with account taken of the following priorities:
- achieving compliance of statistics information offer with user needs, meeting user needs and expectations at the highest possible quality level,
- decreasing respondent burden through broader use of administrative registers, simplification and modernization of data collection methods,
- maximally effective creation of statistics.
- Levels of public statistics quality assessment and management cover:
- level of institution
- level of statistical processes/surveys
- level of statistical products/results of surveys.
New activities to enhance quality
The activities carried out include:
- Enhancing effectiveness of public statistics units’ activity – participation in a pilot study on the use of CAF (Common Assessment Framework) method,
- Work on a manual on the basic quality standards in the European Statistical System and in other international organizations along with a commentary explaining texts of individual standards:
- the European Code of Statistical Practices,
- the Quality Declaration of the European Statistical System,
- the Declaration of Professional Ethics for Statisticians issued by the International Statistical Institute,
- The Basic Principles of Official Statistics issued by the United Nations.
- Work on public statistics quality programme for years 2008-2012 taking into account the following priorities:
- Investment in the reputation of public statistics: Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of quality management in statistics – improving activity standards
Improving statistical processes
Improving quality statistics through knowledge management
- Improving the relevance of statistics to user needs: Drawing more attention to users of statistics. Introduction of a user-oriented approach – permanent and consistent search for methods ensuring better fulfilment of needs and expectations
- Enhancing accuracy of statistics:
Result-orientation. Providing users with information on the main parameters of survey quality
Improving survey quality measurement
Increasing accuracy of data
- Enhancing timeliness and punctuality of statistics:
Shortening the time of survey implementation and result compilation
Enhancing coherence and comparability of statistics
Enhancing accessibility and clarity of statistics.
- Further introduction of the principles included in the European Code of Statistical Practices in statistical areas that lack full compliance.
- Development of an annual programme for public statistics quality for 2008.
- Introduction of the Development of a Self Assessment Programme (DESAP) in 2008 in statistical survey quality assessment.
- Intensification of educational activity on statistics quality for public statistics employees and other units creating statistics.
Transmission of data with the use of eDAMIS at the CSO of Poland
Before 2005 the Standalone Visual Basic Client for STADIUM was utilised for sending files to the Eurostat server. eDAMIS Web Application (eWA 1.1) has been installed in the CSO of Poland in August 2005 and since then it is operational. Currently 66% of files send to Eurostat are being prepared in the SDMX-EDI (former Gesmes/TS).
Parallel to the eWA implementation, the Public Folder named EUROSTAT has been created and made available to all statisticians in the CSO WAN. This folder is used to inform staff about all actual standards introduced by Eurostat to serve the data transmission. Eurostat’s Dataset Naming Convention (DSNC) has been introduced into practice together with the eWA implementation.
Summary information about actual status of data transmission for consecutive months is also presented in the folder, allowing for regular checking and management of preparation of data for European Statistical System according to current obligations.
The Statistical Bulletin presents basic indices on the socio-economic situation of Poland with respect to, among others, quarterly GDP estimates, labour market, wages and salaries, social security benefits, population, prices, money and finance, agriculture, industry, construction, transport and trade. Monthly or quarterly data on the socio-economic situation of the EU member states.
Poland macroeconomic indicators
Poland macroeconomic indicators present a set of selected monthly, quarterly and annual macroeconomic indicators that describe the basic trends of the socio-economic development of the country.