Tutorial:Watch your pages
From Statistics Explained
In order to be aware of anything happening to a page you are interested in or are responsible for, you can add it to your 'Watchlist'. As a result, you are informed by e-mail notification from wikiadmin when the page is:
- changed (saved after an edit);
- sighted (new draft approved by the Unit responsible);
- validated (draft approved by B6 Dissemination);
- moved to another name;
Activating the watchlist
To add a page to your Watchlist:
- log in to have the necessary access;
- at the bottom right of the page you want to be kept informed about, click 'Watch'.
If you want to undo this, and no longer receive e-mail notifications:
- click 'Unwatch' at the same place, at the bottom right of the screen.
Verify that you will get notification e-mails (you need to do this only once):
- click 'My preferences' in 'editor's toolbox' (left column, at the bottom), then on 'User profile' (top), and make sure that
- your personal information is correct;
- the box 'E-mail me when a page on my watch list is changed' is ticked.
Click 'My watchlist' in 'editor's toolbox' (left column, at the bottom) to further manage your watchlist.
Behaviour of the watchlist
If a page is on your watchlist, you will be informed by e-mail about
- all sightings and validations of the page;
- the first change of the page after you have looked at the page - please note that if you do not look at the page after having received a change message, you will not receive any further change messages! The system implicitly assumes that you are already aware of changes on this page, and the need to look at it.